Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Oh My Goodness....I'm PREGNANT!!!

For all of you that didn't know, it's TRUE!

I had a moment two weeks ago at my first doctors appointment that I will never forget. 

A couple of nights before my appointment I had emailed/texted two of my dear friends and asked for some sanity and reasoning.  I was, according to my cycle and consultation with my doc over the phone, 10 weeks pregnant.  HOWEVER, I didn't feel pregnant AT ALL.  I wasn't sick, I was hardly ever tired, I didn't have any aversions or cravings, nothing.  I was so nervous to be telling everyone the 'good news' and then I was going to find out that I wasn't really pregnant...seriously had a nightmare about that moment.

Anyway, I'm in the doctor's office, with the wonderful open-front gown and the awesome bed that if anyone opened the door right now, they would be in for one helluva shocking scene.  I had just told the doctor my fears about this whole pregnancy and I remember she had chuckled a little bit.  She hooked up the ultrasound machine and within seconds, there was my beautiful baby dancing for all of us to see.  Sweet pea moved around SOOO much that the doctor had a hard time getting a clean shot to measure the length.  I couldn't take my eyes off the screen.  I was captivated by the black and white screen.  Then, the cherry on top, the doctor turned on the sound for the heartbeat.  Oh my goodness, I could have died and gone to heaven.  That was the most precious little sound I've ever heard!  I didn't want to leave that room for anything.  I could have stayed there all day.  It was the second greatest moment in my whole life.

I'm PREGNANT!!!

3 comments:

  1. I am THRILLED that we are having a baby right around the same time. aren't ultrasounds the best thing in the whole wide world? I mean seeing your baby for the first time is priceless and words can't describe the joy and excitement! I love you sweetie. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rmemeber that feeling.
    Congratulations honey, you're a mom. :)

    ReplyDelete