Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

my baby boy - cuz really what else is there :)



 

learning to stand - 6 mo



sweet smile - 7 mo


learning to love hats :) - 7 mo



Do you see what I see?  One cute baby!  I stinkin' love this little boy!
 Dear Evan,

I love you more and more every day.  You are getting to be such a little boy.  You are growing up way too quickly, of course.  It's so fun to watch you learn new things.  You are so smart and innovative.  You don't know how to crawl quite yet, but you do know how to reach for things that are a bit too far away.  You know how to scoot backward.  So instead of getting closer, you get farther away, and that just makes you mad!  You get frustrated when you can't get that item, but you do some pretty funny things in your frustration.  Do you even know how cute and adorable you are in your anger?  :)  You are starting to babble more.  You love to stand propped against our ottoman.  It's so shaky, and you seem so close to falling, but you are so good at catching your balance.  I know it's only a matter of time before you take your first wabbly steps.  You are looking to daddy and I for approval and recognition more often.  You love being praised.  You are figuring out how to put food in your mouth...which leads to more frustration. 

When it comes to food,  you are the most stubborn eater.  You don't pig out like most babies.  You are very tempermental when it comes to eating.  You are keenly aware when daddy and I have a plate of food and let us know immediately that you would like to partake of the yumminess we have brought into the room and your environment.  You'll take a bottle pretty well, but you never finish one.  If I make a 4 ounce bottle, you'll take 3.  If I make a 6 ounce, you'll take 5.  Sometimes, I think if I make an odd number of ounces, you'll finish it.  Isn't that so silly?!  You love all sorts of food; black beans, avocado, chicken, rice puffs, tomatoes, eggs, prunes, bananas, sweet potatoes, mixed veggies, bread.  The list goes on and on, but I can't think of any more right now.  You love all this food, but you won't eat it if it comes from that not-so-magical plastic container.  If the food comes from mama and daddy's plate, you love it.  Why is this?  We probably did something wrong or let you know about the wonders of a dinner plate too soon.  That's ok, though.  You are growing like a weed.  You are healthy, and you are VERY happy.  That makes me feel assured that we are doing the right things, even if we've done things a bit different the cultural norms. 

Speaking of cultural norms, I love breaking them every night when I crawl into my bed, right next to your warm small body.  I love sleeping with you beside me.  I love having you reach out and hold my arm or hand in the middle of the night.  You sleep so well in between daddy and me.  And you keep daddy and I so warm that we don't have to have the heater on.  You don't even know how financially savvy you are :)  If only you would learn to sleep all the way through the night without needing a bottle.  I wish we had a magic answer for that, but I know it will come in time. 

I love walking through this journey with you.  You make me look so good with all you are learning to do.  The fact that you are getting to be such an easy baby is so helpful.  I can't wait for you to start crawling so that you can be a little more independent.  I know that the learning experience takes a while, but I also know that you will be such a happier baby (less frustrated) when you can get to that toy that keeps eluding you.  I can't wait to kick a ball down the hallway and have you chase it.  I can't wait for you to come crawling around the corner into the bathroom when all I want is one second of solitude to do my business. 

And yet, I would be happy if you stayed so beautifully dependent on me just a little while longer.  I love that you need me so often.  I love that you still rely on my to hold your bottle.  I love that you spend so much time in my arms.  I know that I will miss the warmth of your body so close to mine.  Don't let that stop you from growing though.  Mama will adjust, I promise.

I love you that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment