Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, February 27, 2012

resolution re-cap

Can you believe it's been two months.  I was thinking about doing an every two months re-cap to keep myself on track with my resolutions.  I like the idea of it, but I don't like the very real possibility that I could/would fail at some of them.  Then I got to thinking.  It'll be good to do the re-cap and post about my successes and failures to keep me real!  So here goes :)

My resolutions are posted here

  1. I'm slowly but surely reaching this goal.  This weekend I was so incredibly sick. I feel like I probably lost 2 pounds.  It's not the type of diet I had in mind, but I'll take the loss no matter how it comes :)
  2. I have been diligent about getting to the gym as much as possible.  The reality is, sometimes Evan is sick, sometimes I am sick, and sometimes even with all things in life going well, it's just impossible to get to the stinkin' gym!  So, I've not gotten to the gym 3 times a week, but I've gone as much as possible.
  3. YES!  I've had absolutely no soda since December 31st.
  4. Still following through on reading the Bible.  I am finally out of Exodus.  I feel like I have the measurements of the Tabernacle memorized! :)
  5. Success! Evan and I have enjoyed Skyping with GiGi and Grandpa.
  6. Practice makes perfect...haha.  This resolution has made me keenly aware of how easy it is to speed.  I am still in the practice portion of this resolution.  I have become much better about not driving more than 5 miles over the speed limit, but sometimes without even knowing it, I'm flying down the road.  I do drop back down when I become aware of it though.
  7. We are still working on this.  The day just gets away from me most of the time.  I have a pile of books on our bedside table now so that I can just grab one at bed time and read it to him.  He loves books and now that he is crawling, I hope he crawls over to the books more often!
  8. I have been ROCKIN' this resolution.  I have been wearing my hair down at least 2 times a week if not more.  There was a period of 18 days that I wore my hair down!  Boo-yah! :)
  9. Haven't vacationed to Yosemite yet, so haven't had the opportunity.  This one will have to be in August's re-cap.
  10. Why is it easier to load the dishwasher than wash my face?  I think because the dishes scream at me whereas I can very easily ignore my face.  I've been doing better at washing my face every night, but not perfect.  I'm in the practice portion of this one too, I guess.
  11. I've had a couple of great girlfriend dates, but not as many as I had hoped.  What does it look like to succeed in this resolution...I'm going to have to figure it out.
  12. I feel like I am succeeding in this area.  Ask my husband. :)
And for good measure...a pic of my beautiful family


1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Keep up the great work and report back to us. :)

    ReplyDelete