Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bring it on!

Today I had my first TINY bout with morning sickness.  Here's my story:

I was sitting in my office.  I had just opened the box to a new lamp I bought for my office and bent down to throw some things away in the trash.  The second I sat up I realized, "Oh my word, I'm going to throw up!"  I sat at my desk for 5 minutes without moving a single muscle.  I stared at my computer and willed that feeling to go away.  It did pass.  Luckily I didn't actually throw up.

I went to the fridge in our department and got my yogurt out (bring on the protein).  I ate it all, even though half way through my stomach was protesting.  After about 10 min I finally felt better. 

If that's it, I can take that every day.  I hope that's it! :)

So very thankful for the low level of morning sickness so far.  My mom told me that she was throwing up before she could take a test and that's how she always knew.  OH MY!  I haven't come close to that yet.  I pray every day that I will not be that sick.  So far, so good.

The only other symptom I'm battling is exhaustion.  I can't even explain how I feel for the most part.  I can say it is completely unlike me.  I could literally (and 2 times actually have) lay my head on my desk and take a 30 minute nap.  The only thing really stopping me is the fact that I can't stand my pants being so constricting.  I want to go to bed the second I get home, but I will myself to stay awake until 9pm.  Otherwise I wake up at 4am.  I can't think straight sometimes (words come out wrong, or no words come out at all).  I feel like such a dope (yes, I did use that word).  I think I'm going to start utilizing my 2 10-min breaks at work for nap times.  Even if I just shut my eyes and lay my head down for 10 minutes, I think it will help. 

Let the journey continue! 

2 comments:

  1. Last year I often fell asleep on the couch while Jake fixed dinner. I would wake up, eat, and go back to sleep. There were countless nights that I was actually in bed by 7:30. Jake loved it because then he could watch whatever he wanted to on TV! :)
    "Morning sickness" is the stupidist name ever. It should be called "all day you have the potential to feel like barfing" sickness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charissa, I had no idea that you were pregnant.Congratulations to you and Rolando. Your parents must be very excited,along with your sisters and brother. I will look forward to following your pregnancy journey on this blog. And the pregnancy is just the beginning of this journey that will continue for the rest of your life..... :o)Sandy Bruens

    ReplyDelete