Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

workin' it with snack time

I think the day I found out my stomach decided to be constantly hungry.  It's partly all in my mind, but seriously, my stomach has never growled so much in my entire life.  I'm blessed to have always had enough food that's for sure.  I still am blessed to have enough food, just now, I like to be more picky because I want my baby to be super-dooper healthy baby!!!

With that being said, I'm working on a list of really good for you snacks.  I want to be able to have a stock of really good snacks to reach for when I need them.  I'm hoping for suggestions.  :) 

So far here's my list:
hard boiled eggs
tuna salad
homemade granola
yogurt cups
carrots
homemade bran muffins (with extra goodness like flax seed)
applesauce cups (too much sugar though)
100 calorie snack packs (because lets face it, a women needs chocolate sometimes!)
apple

Okay, short list.  I need a variety.  What do you do to get creative and still stay healthy with your snacking?

3 comments:

  1. try cheese slices, definitely get the greek yogurt--it's the best, and graham crackers (you can get the low fat kind) with peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a fantastic recipe for homemade granola. Also, I can teach you how to make yogurt to save an extra penny or two;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be carefull with the tuna salad! You can't have much tuna when you are pregnent because the mercury can be toxic to the baby. Make sure those 100 calorie snacks don't have artifical surgar because thats not good either. Cheese, milk,fruit and veggies are always good. Congrats I am so happy for you guys!
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete