Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Catch Up Part 1

I was going to make this a catch up entry to cover the last month and a half...but that's more than impossible.  So I'm going to space it out, give myself something to follow up on and hope that it works.  :)  I've also decided to put it in present tense.  It is just easier that way.

December 1 - December 22nd:

What a crazy ride!
Dickens Carolers is in full swing!!
I have so many gigs this year.  It's a blessing and a curse.  A blessing because of the income it will bring to our family.  A curse because it means I have to spend so much time away from Evan.  Am I going to regret this later on?  Am I already thinking I'm the worst mom EVER (yes!)?!?!?  Is this going to be fun (yeah)?  I told myself that it would be good for me to do this, to have an outlet for me...just me.  This is good for me.  As the days go on, as the gigs pass, I realize this really IS the best decision for me.  This is exactly what I need and the exact perfect time.  Everyone warns you that you lose yourself in becoming a mom. That is exactly what happened.  Luckily for me, 5 months into becoming a new mom I had the awesome opportunity to be totally 100% myself!  I couldn't have done it without support though.  My husband helped, my sister helped, but the person who deserves the most credit....
My mom!!
Thank you so much, Mom, for all of the AMAZING help and support you gave me and my little family this month!  I could not have done it without you!  I couldn't have done so many gigs without the peace of mind you gave me that my baby was being loved and cherished and cared for as well as I would have done.  You were there for some major tantrums.  You were there for some major snuggle times.  You were there to read him a book and play with a toy.  You even saw a need for an exersaucer and went out to buy Evan his first Christmas present!  And, I will probably get over my jealousy of the WAY-better-than-my-sons-toy-at-home exersaucer...soon! :)  You fulfilled his every need (except the need for his mama, of course) in such a perfect way.  You're the best mom ever...and the best Mamsie Evan could ask for.  Thank you, again.  Love ya.

So, other than work and Dicken's, my life is pretty much the same.  I turned 30 on the 4th.  Nothing weird or hard about it.  Like my mom always says, "It's better than the alternative!"  My 30's are going to be great.  I have so many goals and ambitions for this decade.  I've been thinking a LOT about them and will share more and I am able.  I'm excited though.  I don't know why everyone freaks out about turning 30.  It was just like any other birthday for me :)  There is a lot to be thankful for.   I am blessed with a very handsome husband and a perfect son!  I have a job, a roof over my head and food on my plate.  I have a great support system...wonderful friends.  Life is good!

1 comment: