Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, January 14, 2012

learning to rest

My 2 boys (yes boys) are napping away right now. 

I have a cup of WONDERFUL coffee to the left of me. 

My phone is next to me with the game Words for Friends on the screen...I cannot for the life of me find a good word to play against this person.  I have 7 different games going and I love it.  I win and I lose.  The losing is hard because it's against my little brother. GRR!  Anyway, not the point of this post.

I love that right now, I'm learning to rest.  Usually today would be filled with errands and visits with friends and Evan not abiding by his normal schedule because mama wants to race around like a crazy woman. 

Not today.  Today I am learning to rest.  I went to the gym three days in a row and my body is hurting a little.  Today, I sit on the couch and listen to the steady breathing of my 2 boys.  Oh, did I mention that they are snuggling right at my feet?  Evan is fighting a cold that comes in waves (one good day, one bad day, etc).  He gets to snuggle all he wants with mama and daddy when he doesn't feel good.  So Rolando put him to sleep and then laid on the floor in front of the couch and fell asleep with Evan in the crook of his arm.  So sweet!

Oh no!  I sneezed and woke Evan up!  BUMMER...well, I got to enjoy the rest and peace for a little while :)  Learning to laugh at the joys (and not so joyous times) of being a mom is something I'll master next!  HAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment