Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Catch Up Part 2

December 23 - December 24

Thursday, Dec 23..Evan couldn't wait to try out his hat!!
My grandparents and brother and sister in law flew in for Christmas.  They haven't seen Evan since he was about 7 weeks old.  It's been fun sharing all the new things Evan can do.  He has learned to sit up all by himself.  He can play with his toys, reach for them, throw them, chew on them.  He makes all sorts of funny noises.  He smiles and laughs and squeals!  He loves touching everybody's face.  He puts his hands on each side of your face and will pat and stroke your cheeks.  It is so precious and sweet.  More than anything, he just goes and goes and goes and goes...Energizer Bunny style.  Oh my! Every one is so amazed at how much energy he has. 

Oops....how did that picture sneak in here?? :)
I did errands on Friday and then went up to mom and dad's house and basically moved in.  I brought up enough stuff for Evan and I to stay until Monday.  I value time with family and know how important it is to spend time with them and let them love on you in a way that only family can.  It was nice to spend so much quality time with them. I know that Evan will not remember that time, but it was fun to see him grow comfortable with his extended family and laugh at their silly faces and smile when they tickle him. 
So many people in one room! :)
bath time is so much fun!!
After bath time loves!














Christmas Eve, my quartet came over and did a 45 min gig for my family.  It was so fun!  My family knows all of the songs and most of our shtick, but they still laugh and interact with us.  We had a TON of food and sweets for all to enjoy afterward.  There were a ton of stories being told and even more laughing.  It was such a treat.  I love to have so many people in a house that you can't focus on just one conversation.  I love the chaos of trying to keep glasses full and adding more food to the table and sharing a story with a friend and laughing at a fun memory.  It always gives my heart the lift it needs.  Did I mention I feel refreshed and energized by being with people?  :)  This was an almost perfect Christmas Eve (well...you can't expect perfection all the time).

No comments:

Post a Comment