Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, April 14, 2011

mama instincts...ENGAGE!

Oh my goodness, did I feel some mama instincts tonight!  and not the good kind...the I-might-need-the-pacifier-too kind.

via
 I was in the drive thru line tonight getting a snack for my husband before our first childbirth class :)  YAY!  The lady in front of us LITERALLY took 5 minutes to order.  FIVE minutes!  I was getting pretty upset but trying not to react outwardly.  The guy behind me decides he needs to react outwardly and starts honking his horn every 10 seconds, like that's going to help AT ALL!  The girl in front of me leans out the window and starts to yell profanity and then proceeds to "pull up to the first window" at the speed of one.mile.per.hour!  What are we?  Children?  UGH!  I wanted so badly to take both those drivers and teach them a lesson in respect and patience!

So I finally get my Rolando's food and try to pull on to the street.  At that exact moment, this dodge truck hauling a BIG trailer (in the right lane) decides to stop in front of the exit of the restaurant and hold up traffic until someone will let him into the left lane so he can make a left hand turn at the next stop light.  By this time, the guy behind me has gotten his order and is ready to exit as well.  What does he do?  You guessed it, pulls right up behind us and starts honking his horn every five seconds.  My fuse is shorter and getting shorter by the [five] second[s]!!  I want to get out of my car and stomp back there in all my mama-pride-power and lay into him.  

Finally, the truck makes his lane change.  We are able to move and the driver behind us seems happy enough...until we have to wait for a red light because previously mentioned dodge truck can't fit into one lane.  Honking ensues...this time adding obscene gestures at me (I'm the innocent victim here...don't raise that finger at me young man!) and came so close to my bumper that I think I could hear him breathing!  I've had it.  That's it mister.  You and I...outside....right NOW!!!!!!  If I hadn't controlled myself, I might have ended up looking like this...

via 
Don't Make Me Get Out of This Car And Teach You a Lesson!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment