Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, August 26, 2011

2 months old

My beautiful baby boy is 2 months old today!

He is growing up so quickly.  He surprises me daily with his new tricks.

He's learned that the changing table can be fun with his mobile


He's learned to appreciate the outdoors
On his 2 month birthday, he did this for the first time!! 

My little boy is growing so quickly...did I say that yet?  :)  These 2 months have been such a blur, a happy blur, a challenging blur, and a growing experience for all of us.  My husband and I have learned so much about each other through raising our son and Evan has taught us many things while learning new things for himself.  He's taught me patience, that the world may not actually revolve around me (haha).  He's taught me to think outside the box (what could possibly be making him scream like that? all the options!).  He's taught me to truly and deeply enjoy every single moment that passes, to take to heart each smile and happy moment that comes my way and to leave behind the moments of trials.  

He's learned to smile, to laugh, to kick his legs, to turn his head, to follow someone across the room.  He's learned to enjoy his bouncy seat (thank God! mama needs a shower where you aren't crying the whole time!)  He's learned that it's okay to not be in someone's arms.  He's learned to coo and squeal.

He still loves to be swaddled.  He loves to sleep on his tummy on mama's chest.  He loves his daddy time, going for walks and dancing while daddy sings in Spanish.

He hates his car seat (never heard him scream so loud!  and he gets that super panic, angry look too.)

Evan,
You are the sweetest little boy ever.  I love to see your smiles and hear you talk.  Your laughs melt my heart.  You are developing right on schedule, a fact that makes me feel so proud!  You don't even know this but you are boosting my confidence every day.  I sustain you and keep you alive.  You reward me with all the growing you are doing and showing me all the fun stuff you can do.  Some times I just can't take my eyes off of you.  I know I should put you down for a nap but, instead, I hold you in my arms a little while longer and smell the top of your head.  You'll think it's funny someday but today, I can't get enough.  I love you so much.  That will never change.

I'll love you forever
I'll like you for always
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.

Love,
Your mama

No comments:

Post a Comment