Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, August 2, 2010

Let's get caught up

Three years ago I moved to Portland, OR and began my life transformation.  At the beginning of my journey (the most I'd ever weighed), I clocked in at 256.  Now I'm 6 feet tall but, that's still heavy!!  I was totally unhappy, always uncomfortable, and totally embarrassed when I couldn't fit in the roller coaster ride.  And thus the transformation begins.  :)

I started on the NutriSystem plan/working out every workday on my lunch break and lost a lot of weight (very quickly).  I was down to 192 and loving every minute.  I ran my first race ever (a 5k in 49 minutes).  I had picked up an awesome hobby of salsa dancing thanks to a couple of my friends pushing me to do something different.  I was salsa dancing almost every weekend for hours at a time.  But I hadn't learned how to be a healthy eater and started gaining weight the second I was off the NutriSystem plan.  I met my future husband at a salsa club.  We went out all the time and I gained a few 'love-pounds'. :)  We got engaged and I gained more, during the stress of planning the wedding I gained more.  I woke up one day and my skinny pants were TIGHT!  What happened???

I started exercising.  I hired a trainer to help me.  I started running a little at a time.  Next thing you know, I'm losing inches...not pounds...but I'm still happy!! I start running longer amounts.  I start watching what I'm eating (watching as it all goes in! just kidding)  and I started losing pounds! Woohoo!  Now I'm down 18 pounds and have lost about 10 inches all over my body.  I'm trying Medifast right now just to jump start my metabolism and it's really working.  I'm trying to teach myself to be a healthier person, to learn how to eat better and in lighter amounts.  I'm trying to train my body to enjoy running (I just finished my first 8k and it took me 61 minutes).  For me, that will be a major accomplishment.

I think the one thing I want to get from this blog is tracking my running.  I'll be very impressed with myself if I keep it up, but I'll be very happy if it actually happens!  Wow, I could be on the break of having another good habit! :)  Let the running begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment