Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, August 29, 2010

i thought it had to be all about running

The first couple of weeks of this blog have not been very impressive.  I read other friends blogs and get discouraged.  Am I a blogger for real, or just a wanna-be?

I can do it, I can do it, I can do it.

I realized that I thought that this blog should be all about running.  Well that's not the case.  This is a healthy life blog.  So what does that include? 

Mental, physical, spiritual, emotional health.  I can do this! :o)

The other day, I was so proud of myself.  I made a really good, healthy dinner for Rolando and I.  Steamed veggies to include carrots, beets, potatoes, broccoli, green peppers.  Seasoned with garlic, salt, pepper, a bit of cumin.  We had a feast! :)  It's fun to cook when you have choices.

My new favorite website: www.allrecipes.com.  It's so great!  You can search by ingredients you have in your cupboards and come up with a nice treat for dinner that evening. 

I'm currently reading Maria Callas: An Intimate Biography.  Man, it is so incredible to read about her life.  Anyone interested in singing (mostly classical/opera) should read this biography.  It's fascinating and hilarious!  She was an absolute diva!  Next time the Dicken's Carolers quartet gives me a hard time about being a diva...I'm quoting her!!!!!!

Speaking of Dicken's Carolers, I have a call-back to go to today!  I can't believe it's that time again!  I really hope that I get to be with the same group that I've been with for the past two years.  I'm really trying not to get my heart set on that, but it's so hard.  I've been with the same quartet for two years and have thoroughly enjoyed my time with them.  I can't imagine singing with another group of people.  I know that I'll make the best of whatever circumstance I'm given.  I'll focus on that part. :)

Well, I'm signing off to practice the two songs that I haven't sung in 9 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment