Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, February 7, 2011

Fear is not from God

Friday I had my 20 week ultrasound.  I got to see the baby for an hour and 15 minutes. It was pure bliss. That’s the good news.
 
I got a call this morning from the radiologists’ office saying that I need to come back in on Wednesday for more ultrasound pictures. The office assistant didn’t say what the reason was and told me that most of the time it’s just because they didn’t get a clear picture and need to try for more clear pictures. For about 2 hours I cried and prayed to the Father that everything was okay. I was so anxious and scared that something was wrong with my sweet pea! I talked to my mom and she told me to call the radiologist himself to figure out the reasoning behind the second appointment. I was too anxious and needed reassurance that everything was okay or that I needed to call me doctor to find out more information.

When I talked to the radiologist, he said that so far everything looks fine, but they didn’t have clear pictures of the kidneys and some of the other organs so they just needed to get more clear pictures. He tried to assure me that there is probably no reason to worry, that sweet pea was in a weird position and it was just hard to get good pictures.

My heart is just a little heavier right now then it was on Friday and I am calling out to my loved ones to pray. Pray for peace in my heart and that the devil will not use fear to trap me in the lies that God is not in control. Pray for sweet pea’s health and that his little body is protected by the Almighty Father.

I know He knows exactly what is going on. I know He has already prepared me to handle anything that life deals me. I need to keep reminding myself of this.

1 comment:

  1. I'll pray for your peace and comfort. I know you must be very nervous but I'm sure everything is fine. If it wasn't oaky they would have told you so. But instead, they asked you to come back for better pictures, which is usually the whole reason why they do ultrasounds in the first place (I know, it's hard to believe it but they're not just doing it so we can see the baby. :)).

    Either way, it can be VERY hard to sit still when you're waiting for the unknown so I'll keep you in my prayers. :)

    P.S. You got to see him for over an hour?! Wow!!!!! You are blessed to have gotten so much time. My ultrasounds were more like 30-40 minutes.

    ReplyDelete