Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, February 28, 2011

poundage

*IT* happened!  I went in for my monthly doctor visit today and I knew it was going to happen, but I still am a little kljaser;aiweur[o  about it.  That's right there aren't words for it just yet.

I did my blood pressure/weigh in with the nurse (super sweet Christian lady).  I saw the scale and FREAKED!!!!!!!!!!  Are you effing kidding me?!??  That's what I weigh?  Are you sure you're doing this thing right?  ACK!!!!!

I jumped 9 pounds this month.  I really wasn't trying hard NOT to add the pounds, but I thought I was being good and making good choices.  Alright so I slacked on the exercise...who doesn't?  So I had Taco Bell that one night...who wouldn't?  So I bought a small thing of Ben & Jerry's....DUH!  I only had one very small piece of cake at Alice's birthday party....just one...I swear!

I really, really wanted to only gain 4-5 pounds this month.  I should have known though, with my genes (haha, I almost put jeans), I would pack on the pounds in double.  There's always next month to work harder at it.  The sad part is, you can't lose weight when pregnant and you can't go back and correct it.  Once the pounds are on, they're on and there's no turning back.  I have to gain another 4-5 pounds this month.  All for the baby (ooo!  he just kicked me! :)

I've put on 17 pounds since becoming pregnant and I told myself I was really going to stick to the 30-35 that the doctor recommends.  YIKES!!  I gotta start really focusing.  It'll be easier when this DARN rainy season is over.  I love walking outside, but can't do it right now.  It'll also be easier when the musical that I'm directing is over.  I won't be so exhausted and will actually make it to the gym 3-4 times a week instead of 1 time a week.  OUCH!!

I know it's not all about the weight you gain.  I know it's healthy for the baby for me to gain weight.  I'm not trying to complain and PLEASE notice that not one single time did I say I was fat or ugly or not cute.  I don't think any of those things (BIG grown-up step for me).  I am proud of the baby bump I have.  I'm doing everything I can to keep this baby happy and healthy inside of me (dude...there's a LIVING being inside of me...still gives me the biggest smile ever!)  This little baby is going be the most amazing boy ever!  I want to be as healthy as possible to have the energy to play and run and laugh and dance.  That means focusing on the poundage :)

I'm going to be an energetic, fun, HOT momma!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment