Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, February 6, 2011

it's official...we know!

Yes...that's right.  We know the gender of our little sweet pea.  Here's the story:

We had our 20 week ultrasound on Friday.  The first question we were asked by the ultrasound technician was, "Do you or do you not want know the gender of your baby?"  I said no right away.  For the last 15 weeks I've known I wanted to be surprised.  I talked about it with my sweet husband and we had come to that agreement.  We both didn't want to know.  Well, that's what I thought.

45 minutes into the appointment, the ultrasound technician looked at me and said "Okay, I'm moving into the crotch region so look away."  I looked away, toward my husband, and noticed that he was NOT looking away.  I was in shock for one second.  What are you doing?  You're not looking away?  Why aren't you looking away???  What he said next was very simple, but rocked my world.  "I want to know!  I'm looking!"  

WHAT?!?!  But we talked about this, we agreed on this, we....well, we nothing..apparently it was all me.  So in the very next second, I turned my head back to the screen and looked just in time for the ultrasound tech to type out...


I know it's a hard picture to see, but I'll try to help out.  Just imagine you are holding a baby over your head and looking at the bottom of the bum. The top left of the body is my baby's little bum :)  Then, on the opposite side... you guessed it.  My boy isn't shy, he's letting it all hang out.  So his legs are heading out to the top and bottom of the screen.  I hope that helps.

Since we know the gender now, we are just keeping the name options a secret.  Of course, we won't decide the name 100% until we meet our son, but we'll have some options picked out. :)

So, there you have it.  It's a boy!!

1 comment:

  1. OH MYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Now I know what to buy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete