Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, February 14, 2011

Milestones

Today, I got to check off a major milestone in pregnancy.  I've actually already completed it as of Wednesday last week, but just got around to it today.  :)  I'm already trying to adapt to life with a child, the "I'll get to that soon" becomes "I finally got to that 2 weeks later."  LOVING it! hahah

Today, I checked off the major milestone of feeling babies first kick.  YAY!  The first real kick I felt and instinctively knew it was a kick was at the super scary second ultrasound.  It was God's way of reassuring my that my baby is fine and healthy.  Sweet pea apparently did not like the ultrasound technician pushing so hard with the tool to try to get him to move out of the position he was in.  Do be honest, I would have been upset to.  I had just rolled on my left side while the tech pushed my belly and then rolled on my right side while she pushed some more.  Then I lay on my back and the tech shoves the ultrasound contraption half way through my body to see if she can get sweet pea to stay in the position we worked so hard for. Then it happened.

I am looking at the monitor, I see his bum and his 'thing-a-ding-ding' (FRIENDS quote) and his legs.  His leg moved really quickly to one side and at the very same instance I felt the first kick!!  How amazing is that!?!  I not only got to feel his first kick, I watched it too.

See, I told you it was God's steady reassurance!!

No comments:

Post a Comment