Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, September 26, 2011

Evan 3 months

Look at that smile!



I know that all of these photos are very similar but I couldn't help adding all of them.  Evan is so very expressive and I love capturing every single moment!


Evan is 3 months old today.  WHAT?!?!? :)

He's becoming such a fun little boy.  He loves a LOT of attention.  He loves to be active.  Well, let me rephrase.  He loves to be kept active by those who take care of him!  He loves to bounce and stand and be taken for walks in his moby.  He loves to be talked to and he loves funny faces and noises.  He's started to talk a lot and absolutely interacting with others.  Of course, he loves his mama's voice the best.  Sorry I had to say it :)  He's starting to like tummy time and playing with toys, especially the ones with lights.  He's loving his Auntie Janelle (who is also his nanny).

He doesn't like to be left alone.  He doesn't like his immunization shots (who does?). 

He's learning to be a social baby.  This Saturday was Rolando's birthday party and he was held by at least 10 different people while awake and didn't seemed bothered by it at all.  I love that he isn't bothered by other people.  I hope this is a trait that stays with him. 

Rolando is doing a fantastic job of speaking Spanish to Evan.  I really hope that when Evan starts to speak (which could be later than normal because of the bilingual household) he'll have a strong foundation in both Spanish and English.

He's growing like a weed!! I'm pretty sure he's more than 24 inches now.  His face looks a little thinner and that means he's gained some length.  He eats all. the. time!  Today, for example, after I got home I ate at 4 am, 7:30 am, 9:30 am (took a fantastic nap), 1:30 pm, 3:30 pm, 6:15 pm and 7:45 pm.  He'll go to sleep now and will probably wake up around 11:30 for his midnight snack.  When I put it in words like that, it doesn't seem so bad...perfectly normal for a little guy to eat 8 times a day.  I guess it just seems like a lot when you're the one being needed :)  And I don't mind at all.

Evan,

I love being your mama.  You make it pretty easy these days.  I enjoy every second I get to spend with you.  Lately, there have been big chunks of time that you aren't in my arms.  I was sad about this at first (and I'll always miss you) but what I'm learning is that I love seeing other people love on you too.  It's okay for others to hold ya and love on ya and kiss on ya!  You enjoy it too.  Your smiles are addicting and so good for my soul.  Your little legs kicking away at things that make you happy let me know that I'm doing a good job of entertaining you.  I can tell by the look in your eye that you are making connections with things that make you happy.  You know that the changing table is fun with the mobile.  You know that, when mama sits down on the couch, you get to see your favorite white and black screen behind it.  You are so smart!!  I love the snuggle times and the active times.  You are the best, cutest, most lovely baby there is.

Love,
mama

1 comment: