Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, September 20, 2010

Dinner Menu

I'm thinking more and more about getting out the crock pot every morning, throwing a bunch of stuff in there and seeing how it tastes that night!  Coming home after work and having to prepare something to eat is way too time/energy consuming!  :)  Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy making dinners from scratch already, but it would be nice if it was done when I got home!

What are some of your favorite recipes that you make in a crockpot with very random ingredients? 

I'm reminded of a line from my favorite TV series, Friends:  You're a chef, what can you make with Baking Soda and Beer?  :)

3 comments:

  1. We got close to that tonight. Tri tip papi's and a bottle of beer dumped in crock pot. Yummy!
    Steph Pauls

    ReplyDelete
  2. some sweet italian sausage links ( ucan also use chicken or turkey sausage).
    a couple jars of marinara sauce (I like paul newmans).
    chopped up onions and peppers ( I only use peppers) some dried basil and oregano. cook on low for about 6 hours. good over pasta or rice.

    I make mine the day before, after the sausagess are done (or almost done) I cut them into bite size pieces, let it cool and put the crockpot insert in the fridge then when I get home from work the next day I put it back on the crockpot and heat it back up.
    from one of your fav cousins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best most easiest recipe ever...

    SO I FORGET TO THAW THE CHICKEN
    We buy a lot of frozen chicken breasts so I throw them in the crockpot on low and add a can of cream of mushroom (or celery) soup. Let it sit all day and when you come home all you have to do is make up some rice to serve it over. I usually also add a veggie too. SOOO easy and quite tasty.

    P.S. To save your sanity you should also buy a box of crockpot liners. They're kind of expensive but sooooo worth it. You can find them next to the paper products/freezer bags at the store.

    ReplyDelete