Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, September 3, 2010

the opposite of what you want...

Today, I was going to spend most of the day just sitting at home relaxing, reading all my books that i'm reading (i'm currently reading 3).

Instead, I got the opportunity to help one of my friends continue the process of moving out of the house she's lived in with her husband for the past 18 years (they're know legally separated) and spend the evening chatting with her.  Seriously, knowing that what she needs right now is love and support and just to be 'normal' around other people, I feel blessed to be able to give that to her.  I love this women so much, as a friend, as a mother (i'm sorta like a daughter to her), as a sister in Christ!  She just wants to be past this stage in her life.  I totally get that.  I get the true joy of knowing that just spending time with her blesses her.  YAY! 

Being a friend can be so easy, even when it's the exact opposite of what you wanted to do all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment