Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, September 30, 2010

walk on the columbia

Today was an absolutely BEAUTIFUL day!  I got off work early (I have to work tomorrow, but that's okay) and decided to call my friends and borrow their dog for a long walk!

Rocky is so cute and lovable!
My favorite dog and I walked 5 miles today along the river.  We started right at the 205 bridge and Marina Drive.  We walked west for 2.5 miles with Mt. Hood at my back and airplanes taking off right over my head.  I had no idea how far I was walking because there aren't any mile markers, so I just walked to enjoy myself.  When I got to a good turn around spot the sun was just coming down over the west hills.  As I walked backed to the jeep, I got to enjoy the majestic Mt. Hood the whole way.  So gorgeous!  The river turned pink as the sun set and the mountains turned blue.  At the end, I let Rocky drink from the river.  He was so funny lapping up the water quicker than I've ever seen.

It's been a long time since I've spent time reflecting on God's blessings.  It was so nice to be able to walk and appreciate all that God has created.  It was such a spectacular hour and a half.  I am so refreshed and rejuvenated.  Such a great evening!!

1 comment:

  1. Rocky loves hanging out with you too! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete