Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, September 23, 2010

running with dogs

I had the joy of running yesterday with my wonderful friend's dog!  Rocky is a 2-yr old Laberdoodle and is such a gem! He's trained like a police dog (also knows commands in 4 languages), although he is currently going through his teenage years of being a little rebellious when it comes to following commands.  But all in all he is a keeper and I LOVE running with him.  I think I've said before that I'd rather run with a dog than with a person.  Rocky is the most non-judgemental dog around!  I ran two miles with him yesterday and the WHOLE time he was pulling ahead wanting to go a little faster.

I experienced 2 funny moments yesterday:
  1. I've lost enough weight that my favorite running pants are now too big.  They fell down...luckily I caught them just in time and proceeded to hold them the rest of the time.  It totally put me off balance and I had to switch hands from time to time in order to use both sides equally.
  2. There were two women that were slightly ahead of me as I started on the track.  As I tried to pass them (obviously they were deep in conversation), one of the ladies pushed the other lady lightly on the shoulder (I can imagine it was a kind of "get outta here!" push that friends do to each other every so often).  Well, they didn't know I was there and the poor lady that just received the friendly shove, went kartwheeling over Rocky (he's quite tall) and landed softly in the grass.  In my defense, I did call out "LEFT" as I was supposed to (Spanglish just flashed into my mind).  They started laughing so hard, I'm trying to figure out if I've just broken this lady's hip or something and poor Rocky is beside himself not knowing what just happened! 
Such a great time and it made the rest of the running experience so very enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment